Bummer. Similar experience here. While my ASUS Vivo Book 17 required numerous HARD RESTARTS following recent update, it did seem to progress after numerous repeat processes and waiting painstakingly long periods between "way too many" reboots. I wish someone at Microsoft would get their sh*t together and do this stuff right or be let go-hire someone that knows what they're doing. This inefficiency, ineptitude is unacceptable, although Microsoft basically doesn't seem to give a damn! Sad. I'm glad it finally seems to be working better, but all this intrusive bloatware, spyware (and maybe Bing?) needs to go or users need better control. If they were paying me, I'd have no problem with all this ****, but, as it stands, I'll not likely ever pay for anything else from Microsoft until such time they're able to convince me they're worth the $$; they need to start acting in good faith and treating paying customers better. I currently have zero confidence in Microsoft as a US consumer.
Hello,
I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.