YOU SUCK YOUR FIXES DONT WORK YOU RUINED MY COMPUTER YOU **** OWE ME $3500 USD!!!!!!
Windows 11 Destroyed my computer
Hello,
I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-01-31T01:50:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-02-02T17:20:18+00:00 For those reading this, I can explain in short what might have happened to many of you. Instead of getting too techy, I will try to put this in leman terms.
- The update / new OS throttles the performance of the processor, ram , everything to such a point, it burns those resources out. Its like doing a bench time for 72 hours nonstop! something is eventually going to fail!
- Once the cooling system is compromised, the rest is down hill from there . especially if its a water cooling system!!
- My system is around $3100 in value with an I9 Intel Processor.
- Believe it or not but I did get very good honest support from a Microsoft engineer who helped me make the proper changes in registry to prevent this action in the future. But the damage was already done. What did it cost me? Motherboard fried, Thermal Cooler gone! I9 processor was replaced!! by Intel in warranty. Memory toast! but had a limited lifetime warranty so it got replaced.
The mother board was made by Asrock.. Yes Asrock! they replaced it for me at no charge, Once I told them what happened. My out of pocket expense was around $275 plus $145 to replace the power supply that burnt out as well!
5. Once I got everything back up and running and replaced my hard drive with a more durable diamond version from WD, I built a new image : Windows 10 Pro! and blocked all future updates to windows 11.
6. I Did not! sue Microsoft for my out of pocket expense, I did speak to my lawyers and they would have processed the suit for me for $35 bucks. I instead just monitored my new build and watched what they would do with the new registry edits. So far after almost 10 months, everything is working perfectly. ...Somewhat. I mean it is windows.- This for me would be a small claims suit of about $750 only, and I would happily exchange that fee for free Microsoft Products and a new 4 /8 TB Hard drive and call it a day.
- My advice, is always! make an ISO Image of your current OS before any updates, call it a 1st working article , Then make sure all your products are covered in warranty and know the process to replace what you need to.
Do not argue , yell at Microsoft , your wasting your time, but try to work with them to help you fix the problem and restore your system, most of the time something that cost you $3800 would only cost them $1520 only to buy you. If you need any help let me know.
Much success .
-
Anonymous
2023-02-18T01:19:50+00:00 **** windows 11 it auto updated and that is my fault, but don't downgrade your entire system, this might be worse than VISTA, think on that
-
Anonymous
2023-02-18T10:28:15+00:00 ?? No! Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Pro are fair more stable platforms with less bugs in it than Windows 11. It will take their development team some time to work it all out. Once they do then I will upgrade like others.
Its makes no sense to have an OS, Destroy your expensive CPU over unseen bugs that throttle it into madness. I have been running Windows 10 pro successfully now with a good malware destroyer for over 9 months now with no real issues at all! . When it comes to productivity, no one can put faith in system that crashes all the time within 7 minutes?? No thanks.
It was either do this or abandon the whole thing and buy a Mac Book. Or Run Linux! Which is a whole lot stable and faster than many of the windows products every put out.
But for some reason , I have always loved, Windows 2000 Professional! and Windows 95 and XP more than anything.
-
Anonymous
2023-02-20T17:32:28+00:00 It has set back computing to MS DOS, thank you btw.. sadly I have become disabled and my collection of sports games and historical games have been hampered by these WIZARDS .... more like purposeful sabotage