Hi Patricia,
I would not be surprised if this is a deliberate ploy to 1) destroy peoples' computers and laptops and 2) in order to force them to buy a new one... aka.... Microsoft probably has a handshake deal with computer companies in order to do this. I can no longer access any of my research files or my research PDF's which I am relying on to do my research! And I mean, academic PhD research. It is not only destroying my laptops abilities but also destroying my ability to continue my research. I agree, they have absolutely NO right to do this to people. It is disgustingly unethical.
Cheers
Windows 11 Destroyed my computer
Hello,
I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-01-08T12:41:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-01-08T12:43:22+00:00 Surely, they must know the terrible consequences this has wrought upon people. Those memories can never be replaced. :/
-
Anonymous
2023-01-08T12:46:06+00:00 Too late for me.. I wish I had read your message prior to getting Windows 11.
I can no longer access any of my PDF files.. I have gazillions of PDF academic papers which I must access to continue with my research PhD degree. Yes, absolutely outrageous! :/
I don't think Microsoft really cares to be honest. May have handshake deals with other software, and even computer companies to ensure people keep buying new computers. Extremely unethical. -
Anonymous
2023-01-15T17:36:53+00:00 I have same problem. Microsoft destroyed my computer when Microsoft tried to update to windows 11. I hate that Microsoft thinks we want Contant change and that we enjoy frustration. I have used and understood computers for more than 25 years. at least 5 times a week. I don't want to or care to uninstall windows and reinstall and I don't know all the terms and setting that Microsoft uses. What makes you think that someone 75 wants this or knows how to get the printer to work again., I spent hours and hours and Your help to fix does not work at all and besides who want to read your stupid instructions for hours. My expensive computer is worthless and the biggest stress in my life. I need help and you only know how to destroy what was enjoyable to me. Really hate Microsoft for doing stuff to my property. G Ma Helen
-
Anonymous
2023-01-30T10:41:21+00:00 NO ONE ASKD FOR THIS POS UPDATE< WHy CANT I SEARCH AND FIND MY FILES OR RUN A SLIDESHOW ANYMORE_IDIOTS NEED TO TEST THIS **** BEFORE YOU FORCE IT ON US_YOU OWE ME 3500
DOLLARS FOR THIS MACHINE I JUS BOUGHT THAT IS NOW USELESS