Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Anonymous
2021-12-15T22:06:30+00:00

Hello,

I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-10T23:06:18+00:00

    I'm stunned - a 6 month old Dell and the Windows 11 upgrade that crashed it. On the three times I tried to Update files - I lost every file I had. I have never had an experience this with Windows. Further, i was forced four times to buy McAfee and MS Office - which Windows 11 does not activate even after I have paid and paid for it. This is outrageous. My only work around- avoid DELL BLACK SCREEN garbage and avoid WINDOWS 11 like the plague. To lose months of work is debilitating. Who can I contact at Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-30T17:43:01+00:00

    Still not working right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-12T07:54:57+00:00

    I didn't accept this "upgrade".... It killed my laptop and made my (half filled) 4tb XHD (personal storage...19 years of backup... Of family photos... Personal info.... ) useless... Currupted....

    Gone.

    Everything is gone. 🤬😢😡

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-29T03:29:59+00:00

    I am disabled, playing wargames on my NVIDIA was a large part of making it through each day but after WINDOWS 11 update the graphics FPS was trashed, colour is greyed out and the damnable UPDATE is not removeable. When I tried the return to previous version is BLOCKED as unavailable?

    Anything I can do, worst decision I have ever made, 2000k $ laptop and a Windows update returned it to the stone age

    Amy suggestions appreciated, I downloaded newest graphics updates and they were unable to reverse the disaster WINDOWS wrought upon my gaming OMEN

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments