Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Anonymous
2021-12-15T22:06:30+00:00

Hello,

I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-26T16:13:03+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

    its true win11 has destroy many customers confidence and trust in microsoft. MS is trying to control and exploit the freedom and democracratic rights of the individual.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-04T06:34:31+00:00

    I had a similar experience after performing the upgrade from Win 10 Update after it telling me my machine was fully compatible. Win 11 installed then quit working shortly after and I couldn't even boot into the system. Repair disk was useless as it stated it was incapable of doing anything to restore or repair. I had to reinstall Win 10 from a system image that I created 6 months prior. Windows 11 is truly terrible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-05T13:35:46+00:00

    Well I feel really confident coming to this tread and reading all these comments. Soooo, I really only use comouter for internet. But 36 hours ago, I noticed pictures of my desktop taken of random stuff and know for a fact it wasnt me. So I started googling everything under what was running. Finally I came across something that was mining crypto. I then realized I didnt have control over computer but SYSTEM and 5 of his friends seemed to have control. I followed all these supposed easy steps to get said control back. And my problems seemed to compound. Finally, I decided to reinstall windows. And after doiing a complete reset and wiping everything off computer, it comes back and now I basically am blocked from changing admin control completely. Except for in one folder that is basically just mirroring like its windows. But its not ita a folder. So after 36hours of countless attempts to no avail. In short, im just curious if this is fixible. Ive youtubed and googled my problem but can't seem to find anyone who explains my problem of being blocked from accessesing anything besides a folder that is supposed to trick me into thinking its actual windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-07T18:50:45+00:00

    Same issue. Now, out of nowhere, I'm getting the blue screen with the message "Need to Restart your PC". Now I can't go back because I didn't know I had only ten days to see this kind of error messages.

    Same out of warrant 2-year old PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-07T19:06:26+00:00

    Windows 8.1 / 10 and 11 are can easily ake your device unbootable. I made fresh install to my computer 2 times.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments