Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Anonymous
2021-12-15T22:06:30+00:00

Hello,

I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-26T16:13:03+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

    its true win11 has destroy many customers confidence and trust in microsoft. MS is trying to control and exploit the freedom and democracratic rights of the individual.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-10T15:37:41+00:00

    Windows 11 should never have been released while it was still in beta development. Users shouldn't have to waste their time doing a System Restore because the operating system is so unstable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-21T21:06:46+00:00

    they do not seem to understand most pc are useless unuseable or not even booting up due to this

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-23T04:48:50+00:00

    Interesting, I thought most Asus Flips were Chromebooks OS's But this carries a light version of Windows ? Hmmm.

    It sounds like the MBR Directory got corrupted in some update process. Now this is not a total lost! You can reimage the device with a stable version of Windows 10 Pro , Or have a tech retrieve all data from the hard drive , then fix it / reimage it and install the block from this happening again.

    A Nice 16/32 Gb Thumb drive with Windows Installation on it should work very well to fix your problem. Sorry you had to experience such an unfortunate and needless update issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-23T03:37:01+00:00

    Last night update occurred, woke up to insiders beta preview been installed on my Asus Flipbook.

    Logged in , went to windows update, reported that update not working.

    Opened explorer it froze so did a hard reset as would not restart explorer via Taskmaster

    Dead…. Light blinking at start button, cannot boot. Nothing after powered off.

    Power light when adaptor plugged in but nothing zip nada ….. its a BRICK

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments