Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Anonymous
2021-12-15T22:06:30+00:00

Hello,

I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-04T19:45:58+00:00

    Ruined mine too. Web adapters no longer work so I can’t even download the old OS. I hate Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-04T18:36:08+00:00

    Jerico T,

    Ask the ms frankenstein to make windows 'restore points' to work, at least once. The windows users waste hours after hours and NONE OF THE LISTED 'RESTORE POINTS' would work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-31T05:00:47+00:00

    to jerico t your answer is utter nonsense do you think people would ask microsoft for " help" without trying everything else it is only as a last resort i asked the CLOWNS at microsoft for "help"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more