The updates are designed to eventually kill your computer's circuitry, there's no doubt about it. Windows updates destroyed both of my Sony Vaio laptops several years ago, and so I purchased a HP Envy x360 and now with the latest update the laptop constantly overheats even with the cooling pad underneath it, so i literally have to shut the laptop down every few minutes to let it cool down, furthermore the laptop was running smoothly before and I can't even uninstall the updates or perform a system restore because the updates keep re-installing itself, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this is all a ploy to get people to purchase new laptops
Windows 11 Destroyed my computer
Hello,
I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but the lockscreen background had changed. I entered my password and after an hour of "preparing your computer" the machine logged into my account, blank, no start menu, no programs, no access to anything just a newer Windows 11 background. Previous to this my machine updated to Windows 11 without any issues and I've used it now going on a month or so. Now I am left without any of my data and unable to produce any work. Who is going to fix this? Who is paying for what appears to be all my lost data? Who is paying the loss of productivity at work? I have no words just pure frustration combined with anger as I'm stuck trying to contact someone using a dinosaur laptop running Windows 7. After bricking a $2200 machine there's no point sticking with Microsoft at this point, Apple has never done this to me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-01-27T20:22:31+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-09-04T18:36:08+00:00 Jerico T,
Ask the ms frankenstein to make windows 'restore points' to work, at least once. The windows users waste hours after hours and NONE OF THE LISTED 'RESTORE POINTS' would work!
-
Anonymous
2023-01-08T12:43:22+00:00 Surely, they must know the terrible consequences this has wrought upon people. Those memories can never be replaced. :/
-
Anonymous
2022-10-29T03:29:59+00:00 I am disabled, playing wargames on my NVIDIA was a large part of making it through each day but after WINDOWS 11 update the graphics FPS was trashed, colour is greyed out and the damnable UPDATE is not removeable. When I tried the return to previous version is BLOCKED as unavailable?
Anything I can do, worst decision I have ever made, 2000k $ laptop and a Windows update returned it to the stone age
Amy suggestions appreciated, I downloaded newest graphics updates and they were unable to reverse the disaster WINDOWS wrought upon my gaming OMEN
Thanks!
-
Anonymous
2021-12-16T09:42:56+00:00 Hi Quiver888 -
Thank you for the detailed response. I see, did the update got completed? If so, did it make any change? If not, let's try to perform In-place Repair/Upgrade.
In-Place Repair
- In-place repair/upgrade or repair reinstall is a process of re-installing Windows without touching any of your applications or personal files. In this way if there's any data corruption, damaged system files or missing system files on your computer, this repair will fix or repair them.
To start we need to download an ISO file of Windows 11 and save it to your computer. Please follow the instruction on the link below to create an ISO file
https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...
After the ISO is created, follow the steps below on how to perform repair install on your computer.
Note: Please make sure that you're signed in or have administrator rights to be able to proceed for the repair install.
- Unplug all external hardware except mouse, keyboard and LAN cable.
- Disable or uninstall any third-party antivirus program/application to prevent them from interfering with the repair install.
- Run the ISO file that you downloaded, if there's a prompt asking you "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" Click Yes
- Windows 10 setup will open, read the license terms then Click Accept button.
- Select Upgrade PC now then click Next button.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
This process will take some time to complete so you need to be very patient in waiting until the process completes. Once done , restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know how it goes.
Regards,
Jerico T.