This worked !! Thank you :)
Win11 Updates Fail Continually - KB5008880 - 0x800f0922 and KB5009566 - 0x80071ab1
Windows 11 Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.376)
The latest couple of updates continually fail - it retries and they fail with the same error. Have run DISM / SFC and both say no issues found. Have run the windows update troubleshooter, including following steps to reset windows update, and that has made no difference. Other windows updates seem to install OK - just these two fail.
Tried downloading the two update packages as stand-alone installers to manually install as well from windows download site, but they also failed to install.
- 2022-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64 (KB5008880)
Install error - 0x800f0922 - 2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5009566)
Install error - 0x80071ab1
Some forums said one could be due to disk space, but all my disks have hundreds of GB free.
Update history screen: https://ibb.co/txXzcX3
Screen if I try standalone installer: https://ibb.co/C8Kt6XM
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model B450 AORUS PRO
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. F61, 13/07/2021
SMBIOS Version 3.3
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product B450 AORUS PRO-CF
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-02-01T16:56:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-02-18T14:20:25+00:00 I still have the problem. Is there a fix already?
-
Anonymous
2022-02-20T19:54:31+00:00 I found the root of my problem yesterday. It looks like it came down to software incompatibility with JackBox.TV on Windows 11. (updated from Windows 10)
When I looked at my Event Viewer - Windows Logs - System, I seen a lot of Errors related to NTFS, Event ID 135 The transaction resource manager on volume C: was unable to create free space in its log due to a non-retryable error. The data contains the error code. I was NOT low on disk space. I had over 1/2 of my disk space avail.
I filtered the log file for all Event ID with value of 135. They started on Dec 24, 2021. That evening we hosted JackBox.TV for the first time. I installed Steam Client that runs the JackBox games earlier that day. Then I went into my Control Panel (Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features) sorted by installation date. The only things installed on 12.24.2021 was JackBox.TV and 3 - MS Visual C++ 2013 packages. I uninstalled everything installed on 12/24/2021. Rebooted.
I had read a post about the event id 135 error, it suggested to delete Update Cache files- (C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download) I deleted all everything inside. (!!NOTE!!: I had done this step prior to uninstalling JackBox.TV and its supportive software). Rebooted one more time....
Went back and tried the latest cumulative patch and everything downloaded and installed successfully.
This did it for me, thank you!
-
Anonymous
2022-03-01T10:59:53+00:00 I found the root of my problem yesterday. It looks like it came down to software incompatibility with JackBox.TV on Windows 11. (updated from Windows 10)
When I looked at my Event Viewer - Windows Logs - System, I seen a lot of Errors related to NTFS, Event ID 135 The transaction resource manager on volume C: was unable to create free space in its log due to a non-retryable error. The data contains the error code. I was NOT low on disk space. I had over 1/2 of my disk space avail.
I filtered the log file for all Event ID with value of 135. They started on Dec 24, 2021. That evening we hosted JackBox.TV for the first time. I installed Steam Client that runs the JackBox games earlier that day. Then I went into my Control Panel (Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features) sorted by installation date. The only things installed on 12.24.2021 was JackBox.TV and 3 - MS Visual C++ 2013 packages. I uninstalled everything installed on 12/24/2021. Rebooted.
I had read a post about the event id 135 error, it suggested to delete Update Cache files- (C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download) I deleted all everything inside. (!!NOTE!!: I had done this step prior to uninstalling JackBox.TV and its supportive software). Rebooted one more time....
Went back and tried the latest cumulative patch and everything downloaded and installed successfully.
This did it for me, thank you!
I can confirm: Steam was the problem.
After trying everything, i just needed to uninstall Steam, then run Windows Update and it was not lorgen returning 0x800f0922 as before