Win11 Updates Fail Continually - KB5008880 - 0x800f0922 and KB5009566 - 0x80071ab1

Anonymous
2022-01-15T16:38:31+00:00

Windows 11 Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.376)

The latest couple of updates continually fail - it retries and they fail with the same error. Have run DISM / SFC and both say no issues found. Have run the windows update troubleshooter, including following steps to reset windows update, and that has made no difference. Other windows updates seem to install OK - just these two fail.

Tried downloading the two update packages as stand-alone installers to manually install as well from windows download site, but they also failed to install.

  • 2022-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64 (KB5008880)
    Install error - 0x800f0922
  • 2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5009566)
    Install error - 0x80071ab1

Some forums said one could be due to disk space, but all my disks have hundreds of GB free.

Update history screen: https://ibb.co/txXzcX3

Screen if I try standalone installer: https://ibb.co/C8Kt6XM

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model B450 AORUS PRO

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. F61, 13/07/2021

SMBIOS Version 3.3

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BaseBoard Product B450 AORUS PRO-CF

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State On

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-21T03:45:12+00:00

    I have the same issue "2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5010795)" falling at 25% on Install with error - 0x800f0922

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-20T18:40:24+00:00

    I also have this error, it's a pity that microsoft doesn't care much about it(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-20T13:51:20+00:00

    Dear all,

    I am tired of downloading and installing and failing, God knows where is the problem. Microsoft does not bother about user's downtime, very sad!

    Thankfully I have a fast and download-limit-free internet and most importantly I have a Ubuntu machine!! without any trouble for any issue - at least like this.

    What a sad comparison between this purchased product (Windows 10->11) and a downloaded (licensed of course) product from community(Ubuntu 20.04 LTS)!!!

    Microsoft chat also failed to give support. (generating and closing tickets) Pathetic, simply disgusting. Boo.

    Still I am not giving up as I paid for Windows License. Patience and fun to wait. Feeling bad for people having no alternative. :-(

    Alas! if I could render any help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-19T21:17:19+00:00

    Same problem as Zyxian. Windows 11 pc pro

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-19T20:01:53+00:00

    Same here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments