Well, I saw your reply earlier while at work and was discouraged.
When I got home, I told the kids to leave me alone and immediately jumped back into the updates.
I cleared my SoftwareDisribution folder, restarted, and went to updates.
Instead of just the one update; I now had four.
As a software developer myself, I feel like an idiot for not recording which updates they were, and the associated KB number.
But, here are a few things I noticed:
- One of the updates included a .NET Framework update. This was downloaded and installed before the Cumulative update, successfully.
- I am unsure of the other two smaller updates; one was a Microsoft Defender update, I believe. Both of those downloaded and installed, successfully.
- Then the Cumulative update began to download. But, the KB number was different. I'm very sorry I did not write it down. I am going to look in my logs after my computer restarts and see if I can find it there.
The Cumulative update downloaded, started installing, passed 20%, passed 44%, passed 76%, and FINALLY switched to "Pending Restart".
I am still waiting for the updates to install during the restart (I'm at 30% now), but it's looking like it worked.
NOTE:
One other thing I forgot to mention.
While I was browsing for solutions, I found someone who suggested going to "Advanced Options" on the Updates page, and enabling the "Download using metered connection". I figured, what the heck, give it a try. Prior, I noticed one of the four updates had failed. Once I enabled that option, it picked right back up and installed successfully. I'm not sure if this is what made everything download and install successfully, but I would ABSOLUTELY suggest you giving it a try!
Anxiously awaiting your response...