Cumulative Update KB5008212 will not install

Anonymous
2021-12-19T04:26:40+00:00

I have a Dell laptop that I will be getting rid of and need to wipe clean the hard drive. I cannot use the DVD drive as Windows is cannot read the CD-RW Disc, so I cannot download the data removal software DBan. Since I purchased a new laptop in Sept, I have not used the Dell laptop; hence, no updates have been installed. Now, in order to for me to try to fix the DVD drive issue, I need to run updates; otherwise, I can do nothing on the laptop.

The latest cumulative update, KB5008212 is holding everything up to where I cannot do anything. It took most of the afternoon, into the evening to download. Now, it is stuck at Installing 100%. I went to the Windows Update catalog website to manually download and install the update, but I think there was an issue with the offline installer, it took forever to find the update on the computer.

I've run Windows Update over and over, but it just goes back to KB5008212 stuck at Installing 100%. I uninstalled the third-party security software app and that has not helped. In addition, there is a Microsoft Defender Antivirus security update that is attempting to download; it is stuck at Downloading: 10%.

Is there anything I can do to get this update to install or should just leave the laptop on overnight and see what happens?

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-31T12:22:57+00:00

    "Complete Internet Repair" is not a trusted third party App and has nothing to do with solving this issue. This problem has nothing to do with internet connectivity. I would not download and install that App. Beware

    As for this:

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

    DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

    sfc /scannow

    I have already tried them all before my first post here and it did not solve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-01T15:40:41+00:00

    Like I said "Complete Internet Repair" is not a trusted third party app. These wonky apps can and do cause more problems than they attempt to solve. You can install crapware if you want but I won't and I don't advise anyone else do so either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-01T20:02:28+00:00

    Hey dude....thank you so much for this....it just made my day

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments