Verizon/AOL e-mail setup for Windows Mail app and Outlook

Anonymous
2021-12-06T04:38:08+00:00

i have a Windows 11 Dell XPS computer (2021) and am finding it hard to set up Verizon/AOL e-mail on either the home Windows e-mail app or in the Office Outlook e-mail app.

I know that since Verizon's e-mail migration to AOL there came some changes about June or July of this year that affect Windows computers handling Verizon/AOL e-mail...

And that is where the problem lies! I used to be able to follow these steps to establish e-mail in the Windows e-mail app:

  1. Hit search box and then click on SETTINGS
  2. In SETTINGS click on accounts
  3. On next screen click on E-MAIL AND APP ACCOUNTS
  4. In next window click on ADD AN ACCOUNT
  5. In ADD AN ACCOUNT scroll down to SUN SYMBOL. Click on this for ADVANCED SETUP
  6. In ADVANCED SETUP click on INTERNET E-MAIL Next come a series of categories where the rectangular squares need filled in:

E-MAIL ADDRESS [I put ******@verizon.net]

USER NAME [I put ******@verizon.net}

PASSWORD [i put in my AOL/Verizon password]

ACCOUNT NAME [I put in AOL Verizon E Mail]

SEND MESSAGES USING THIS NAME [I used my first and last name]

INCOMMING MAIL SERVER [I put pop.verizon.net:995]

ACCOUNT TYPE [I put pop3]

The next 4 have checks marks to the left beside them [uncheck the last 3]:

Outgoing server requires authenticatioin

Use same user name and password for sending e-mail

Require SSL for incoming e-mail

Require SSL for outgoing e-mail

After doing so, more categories appear and have to be filled in:

OUTGOING (Smtp e-mail server [i put smtp.verizon.net:465]

Fill in OUTGOING SERVER USER NAME [ same as user name above]

OUTGOING SERVER PASSWORD [same as password used in PASSWORD]

Then went back and checked the 3 unchecked boxes and then hit SIGN IN

And.....still no mail .....!!!

I even tried the suggestions Kevin-MSFT had if setup of MAIL for OUTLOOK did not work and there were:

Go to login.aol.com/account/security and log in with your Verizon [AOL] E-Mail account and password

Click on ACCOUNT SECURITY, then click on GENERATE APP PASSWORD

From the select your app drop down menu under the app passwords window select OUTLOOK [for Outlook] and fill in

Windows 11 E Mail [for that mail app]

Then click GENERATE [password] and copy that password

Go back to CHANGE ACCOUNT SETTINGS and paste generated password [for whichever mail app it was generated for]

Hit CONNECT

Suffice it to say that hasn't worked either in Windows 11

Am i formatting/imputting the info or settings wrong or are there some extra steps i am missing?

Any help anyone can give regarding this in Windows 11 would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T05:36:49+00:00

    As I said in my December 6th post all my e-mail [Windows 11 mail app and Outlook ] work just fine now! If you want to have your Verizon/AOL e-mail work fine in both apps you need to follow the steps outlined in that post which includes logging into your AOL account and requesting a password for whichever one specific mail app you request it for . The password is specific so if you request one for Outlook you have to go back and request another password for Windows 10 mail app.

    I also outlined all the settings/ steps in that post so either use them and receive your mail or ignore them and just not get your mail!

    I blame both Verizon and AOL for making things difficult for their customers instead of making it easy for their customers to get their e-mail!

    But, then again, if it was too easy, I guess just about anyone could hack your e-mail and who wants that!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T02:38:25+00:00

    I get the same weird yahoo server every time I try to reset it to verizon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-12T13:34:40+00:00

    Same problem for me. I have gotten my Verizon mail thru Outlook for years now.

    A few days ago it stopped coming into Outlook. I can see it by going to the AOL mail site but Outlook seems to want to use a Yahoo server now.

    Just hopeful, but has anyone got this fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T17:49:30+00:00

    i just opened my verizon/aol e-mail in Office 365 Outlook today (January 11th, 2022 @ 12:28 P.M. [eastern time]) and had no problem seeing my mail. It is the same mail i have in the Microsoft E-Mail app and rightly should be since i linked Outlook mail with the Verizon /AOL mail i receive in the Windows Mail app.

    I don't have any other e-mail accounts [like G-Mail] set up in Outlook so i can't tell you about those , but my Verizon /A.O.L. e-mail is currently working fine !

    To note: It is also the same mail i receive on my iPad Pro 11 (2021) so whatever update Microsoft recently did that affected a lot of Outlook Mail users, has not affected my Dell XPS Windows 11 computer!

    But, then again, if you don't have your mail going through the Microsoft e-mail app 1st and linking with Outlook, i don't know what the outcome would be! [MEANING ........ IF YOU JUST HAVE ALL YOUR E-MAIL STRICTLY SET UP TO

    ONLY go through Outlook i can't tell you wheither or not the settings [with an AOL generated password] would work!]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-11T14:28:01+00:00

    I have the same issue. Outlook has failed to work since 12/20/2021.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments