Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

Anonymous
2021-12-31T10:41:04+00:00

Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-31T11:18:18+00:00

Good Day LyndseyMcMillan,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

Here's the steps you can try.

-Click Start, type Powershell and open it.

-Copy and paste this command below and hit Enter.

Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

Restart your computer and check.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Carlo T.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-10T05:59:14+00:00

    Thank you for that information. Your answer gave me guidance or at least understanding on what is happening to my profiles. Over time I have had profiles disappear completely or be modified. Clueless as to what or how that happened, it has had some extremely bad consequences. From your post I was able to put 2 and 2 together. These and other unexplainable "events" happened after updates, primarily in Windows 11.

    Is the DOX command line in Windows Power Shell? When problems arise in Windows, I want one complete avenue to correct, cleanup or streamline this operating system. I have decided against going with Linux. I have started a foray into Power Shell to permanently delete Widgets, find my 25 digit Windows Key, correct Security Certificate Issues, etc. There are so many dozens of solutions or fixes for Windows it is mind numbing. You are way ahead of me in this game. Is there one program or app that could conceivable "do it all".

    Microsoft Management Console?

    Powershell?

    Open to suggestion

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-08T19:39:43+00:00

    didn't work for me either, any suggestions? I'm beginning to miss DOS and PC Utilities

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T11:39:54+00:00

    Worked! Excellent Idea and customer support Carlo!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-01T19:17:08+00:00

    Thanks. Big help!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments