Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

Anonymous
2021-12-31T10:41:04+00:00

Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-31T11:18:18+00:00

Good Day LyndseyMcMillan,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

Here's the steps you can try.

-Click Start, type Powershell and open it.

-Copy and paste this command below and hit Enter.

Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

Restart your computer and check.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Carlo T.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-10T01:45:17+00:00

    To fix my problem of Settings not opening, I found that apparently my user profile was messed up after one of the cum updates. My fix was to find the DOX cammand line commanords to create a new user profile AND assign it Admin. Actually I created several new profiles and then logged off the previous profile, and logged onto onw of my new profiles and ALL Settings functions are working normal again. I could have saved hours of looking and trying all the 3 or 4 fixit commands by refreshing software omponents, IF i would have seen the user prolile name was altered. It started with the first 5 letters of my last name then admin.. ?? Maybe this will help someone else. I maintain 3 desktops & 3 laptops in my house and I am throughly dissatisfied with these Win 11 updates. The four Win 10 units have not been so tempermantal with Cum updates thankfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-15T22:12:32+00:00

    I just encountered this issue, and the powershell fix appears to have worked (no reboot required).

    Settings should just work without needing arcane fixes!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T15:32:38+00:00

    UPDATE DRIVERS

    I had the same problem. For me, Settings, Excel and Chrome would not open. Updated drivers with DriverEasy software and that fixed the issues. Sixteen drivers were out of date. Probably due to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. Had to download Chrome again. Simple fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T10:24:06+00:00

    Good Day LyndseyMcMillan,

    My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

    Here's the steps you can try.

    -Click Start, type Powershell and open it.
    -Copy and paste this command below and hit Enter.

    Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

    Restart your computer and check.

    I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.
    Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

    Sincerely,
    Carlo T.

    Phewwwww, worked for me, thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments