Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

Anonymous
2021-12-31T10:41:04+00:00

Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-31T11:18:18+00:00

Good Day LyndseyMcMillan,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

Here's the steps you can try.

-Click Start, type Powershell and open it.

-Copy and paste this command below and hit Enter.

Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

Restart your computer and check.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Carlo T.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-20T02:03:22+00:00

    Try "run as administrator" maybe.

    Worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T18:57:05+00:00

    Using Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage didn't work for me either; however, PowerShell put up a blue bar for a second or two over the statement: Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows.  I went to the url, found the download and installed it. Setting is currently working and I didn't reboot.

    Now to update again as I this occurred on three different Windows 11 machines and I noticed at the same time. Searching before talked about drivers, blah, blah so I tried rolling back. Worked on one PC until it didn't - updated. I will use the above method next and see if it works as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-15T07:32:51+00:00

    What steps should I take?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments