Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

Anonymous
2021-12-31T10:41:04+00:00

Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-12-31T11:18:18+00:00

Good Day LyndseyMcMillan,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

Here's the steps you can try.

-Click Start, type Powershell and open it.

-Copy and paste this command below and hit Enter.

Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

Restart your computer and check.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Carlo T.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-01T21:55:51+00:00

    Good Day LyndseyMcMillan,

    My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

    Here's the steps you can try.

    -Click Start, type Powershell and open it.
    -Copy and paste this command below and hit Enter.

    Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

    Restart your computer and check.

    I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.
    Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

    Sincerely,
    Carlo T.

    Hi, i have the same issue that LyndseyMcMillan has and this fix did not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-19T03:02:00+00:00

    Carlo,

    Any response to this "fix did not work" above? I got the same results.

    Paul

    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

    Reset-AppxPackage : The term 'Reset-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or

    operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try

    again.

    At line:1 char:51

    • Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage
    •                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
      
      • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Reset-AppxPackage:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-10T18:04:51+00:00

    This did not work for me, but I could open the Settings Dialogue via other ways eg. "Desktop>rightclick>Display Settings", but I was not able to access the System or the Personalization pane.

    Then I set a local Wallpaper via "righclick>set as wallpaper", because I remembered setting one from a network path that was not accessible at this time.

    This resolved the issue finally.

    This is something that should definitaly not happen!

    On Windows 10 it didn't happen, but on WIndows 11 22000.556 and windows.immersivecontrolpanel version 10.0.6.1000 this makes the whole settings app inaccessible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-28T15:16:54+00:00

    Didn't work for me :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments