I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!
What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??
For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-05-11T00:20:05+00:00 yeah i think turning off Cortana will work right? Also I agree with your opinion on startup apps, not to put unnecessary stuff in task manager that eventually drains your ram.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-26T19:38:09+00:00 Please remove the SearchApp.exe from my computer.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-27T11:01:45+00:00 No, it’s Microsoft pre installed program that controls Cortana