I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!
What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??
For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-05-11T00:14:43+00:00 Hi,
press the keys - ctrl+ALT+DELETE
select task manager from the menu selection
select STARTUP from the top menu
after all your active startup devices list displays
select CORTANA , then select DISABLE at the bottom lft corner of the menu
*NOTE THESE ARE THE APPLICATIONS THE STARTUP WHEN YOUR PC POWERS ON UNLESS DISABLED*
AND from me ALMOST NO APPLICATIONS SHOULD START UP UNLESS NEEDED, EVERTHING ELSE EVENTUALLY DRAINS YOUR RAM*
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-05-11T00:18:58+00:00 If you go to searchapp.exe is it a virus - Search (bing.com)
it says its a browser hijacker.
But isn't it a system file? maybe the one that takes up lots of ram is a duplicate and a virus.
But tbh I don't know why it would take up that much hardware.