I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!
What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??
For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-04-01T16:03:09+00:00 search app.exe is for the start menu search or something(i really dont know i think it could be microsoft edge too)
-
Anonymous
2022-04-07T23:21:01+00:00 Sounds like Microsoft being Microsoft and preferring monetizing your data to making a functioning operating system...
-
Anonymous
2022-04-24T22:30:25+00:00 My system locked up today and needed to be power cycled because SearchApp.exe was using over 57 gigabytes of memory (on a system with 16 gigs.)
Edit: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1526]
I was having the searchapp.exe bogging down my system issue like everyone else in this thread. I right clicked on the taskbar and deselected show Cortana button. When I did that it put both instances of searchapp.EXE in suspended status in the task manager and my system is working much better.
I hope my reply helps someone else relieve their system of this madness!