What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??

Anonymous
2021-12-30T08:12:59+00:00

For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T06:26:42+00:00

I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T17:16:16+00:00

This SearchApp.exe is literally making my other apps crash because of the amount of resources it is using... How about what ever the heck you all did to this... roll it back...

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T18:23:50+00:00

    Might not be surprised if it takes up 5 TB even. But I'm sure MS won't do anything about it on Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-14T05:22:27+00:00

    Search app.exe is Microsoft “Cortana” program and drivers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-17T12:16:35+00:00

    Whenever I reinstalled windows 10, I always turn off Indexing.

    1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Right click on C:
    3. Choose Properties
    4. Uncheck "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed"
    5. Download this software Search Everything from this website https://www.voidtools.com/

    The search result is much more instant and light weight!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments