What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??

Anonymous
2021-12-30T08:12:59+00:00

For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T06:26:42+00:00

I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T17:16:16+00:00

This SearchApp.exe is literally making my other apps crash because of the amount of resources it is using... How about what ever the heck you all did to this... roll it back...

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T18:22:05+00:00

    Yes, I kinda classify that as a malware many people don't find that important, even some antiviruses excluding Windows Defender..

    Also, many people hate cortana, and disable it in search indexing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T18:20:20+00:00

    Wait a minute... you can't end the SEARCH APP? And plus, it's probably gonna hijack your browser. It might also be a UWP app. Remember that some pre-installed UWP might be bloat, including SearchApp.exe. And I think start in task manager will take up cpu usage and memory, just like feeds app.

    This might help some people with this. Feeds showing High Memory Usage in Windows 11/10 (thewindowsclub.com) And I hope the problem doesn't presist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T14:42:59+00:00

    In that case, it is simply malware to many users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments