I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!
What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??
For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-08-17T12:16:35+00:00 Whenever I reinstalled windows 10, I always turn off Indexing.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Right click on C:
- Choose Properties
- Uncheck "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed"
- Download this software Search Everything from this website https://www.voidtools.com/
The search result is much more instant and light weight!
-
Anonymous
2022-08-14T05:22:27+00:00 Search app.exe is Microsoft “Cortana” program and drivers
-
Anonymous
2022-08-13T18:23:50+00:00 Might not be surprised if it takes up 5 TB even. But I'm sure MS won't do anything about it on Windows 10.