What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??

Anonymous
2021-12-30T08:12:59+00:00

For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T06:26:42+00:00

I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T17:16:16+00:00

This SearchApp.exe is literally making my other apps crash because of the amount of resources it is using... How about what ever the heck you all did to this... roll it back...

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T13:18:53+00:00

    I just wonder why? Does anyone use the windows searchbar to search the web?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-26T05:58:53+00:00

    I have been searching how to fix this too. searchapp.exe keep eating my network resources. everytime i got spike lag in game, i checked its because of searchapp.exe using network on top. everytime i end process, it will keep duplicating like hydras head. u killed one, it reboot.

    Can windows please fix this. This is so annoying. I thought its my ISP have problem, but turns out windows10 have issues with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T19:18:43+00:00

    I have the exact same issue. SearchApp.exe using most of my RAM and Disk 1 usage. It's been happening on and off the past 2 weeks. Thought I had downloaded something dodgy and finally tanked my system for the first time... but no it's Microsoft. Please fix this so that we can stop having to use work-arounds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments