I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!
What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??
For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-08-17T12:16:35+00:00 Whenever I reinstalled windows 10, I always turn off Indexing.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Right click on C:
- Choose Properties
- Uncheck "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed"
- Download this software Search Everything from this website https://www.voidtools.com/
The search result is much more instant and light weight!
-
Anonymous
2022-08-13T18:20:20+00:00 Wait a minute... you can't end the SEARCH APP? And plus, it's probably gonna hijack your browser. It might also be a UWP app. Remember that some pre-installed UWP might be bloat, including SearchApp.exe. And I think start in task manager will take up cpu usage and memory, just like feeds app.
This might help some people with this. Feeds showing High Memory Usage in Windows 11/10 (thewindowsclub.com) And I hope the problem doesn't presist.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-26T19:38:09+00:00 Please remove the SearchApp.exe from my computer.