What is SearchApp.exe , is it a virus ??

Anonymous
2021-12-30T08:12:59+00:00

For some time I feel like my computer is running slow even though it has 8gb of ram. Then I checked my resource monitor and saw SearchApp.exe at using 44 threads and my CPU usage was already at 52%. Please help me out !!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T06:26:42+00:00

I have 128GB RAM and suddenly I am out or RAM, and it is the SearchApp that took 122GB or RAM. Hey, MSFT, fix that bug!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-19T17:16:16+00:00

This SearchApp.exe is literally making my other apps crash because of the amount of resources it is using... How about what ever the heck you all did to this... roll it back...

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-20T01:32:50+00:00

    My system locked up today and needed to be power cycled because SearchApp.exe was using over 57 gigabytes of memory (on a system with 16 gigs.)

    Image

    Edit: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1526]

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-19T06:30:45+00:00

    I noticed my C: gets 100% usage too by SearchApp. Fix it, please, it happens often interfering with things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-19T17:13:13+00:00

    I get this bug too. SearchApp take all my RAM and I cannot do anything, I cannot even alt+f4 or ctrl alt delete. Pls fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments