Next time use Driver Store Explorer https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer
core isolation blocked by ew_usbccgpfilter.sys
Windows 11 Pro Eval Build 22581 on SurfaceBook1
Core Isolation was disabled, due to Western Digital drivers, and HuaWei drivers, including the star of our show, ew_usbccgpfilter.sys!
Go to Privacy and Security, in Core Isolation, open Core Isolation Details, run the scan, on the report, expand all together, and screenshot it, so you've got your "hit list".
The WD drivers and all the other HW drivers were deleted in Device Manager, .view . devices by driver, go down to the target, give it the big D!
Now for the exception: ew_~.sys is not locatable in Device driver. I tried sending Windows Search out for it, but even most of an hour came back as a failure - no data.
I searched about the internet, got some ideas to look in various "driver* " locations, and voila! I found the bugger in Windows > System32> drivers.
Deletion was easy, then went back to Privacy & Security, enabled core isolation, and rebooted.
I wish this had never happened. I wasted three hours on the result of corporate negligence.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-07-10T18:13:02+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-12T11:59:34+00:00 Hi there!
First I would like to thank you for this fix as it has worked for most of them. But my next problem is that the same drivers are in a different folder (C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository) and I can't delete it because only SYSTEM can access it.
Now I have tried the possibilities to give me the permissions, but windows just won't allow it. I can't click the button with which I can remove and set the permissions, and I can't delete files like that. I've tried it on other folders in the FileRepository, and I can change the permissions there. Also know that these are folders that contain the relevant .sys files.
Now I still can't turn on core safety, and I can't find a solution for this problem on the internet. It seems like huawei doesn't want my pc's drivers to be able
Does anyone have a solution for this?
Thanks in advance!
-
Anonymous
2022-08-23T16:26:42+00:00 What happens then when you delete the driver, you won't be able to use it's features?
-
Anonymous
2022-04-11T20:03:20+00:00 saved me, thank you!!!
-
Anonymous
2022-06-24T05:19:16+00:00 it was a help, thank you!