Didn't work.
Windows 10 Update KB5012599 Failed to Install - Error Code: 0x800f0831
KB5012599 downloads 100%, then after a period of inactivity it pauses at Installing 20% for an extended period of time, after which it shows that it has installed 100%, but about a minute after that it generates the 0x800f0831 error with matching failure to install message.
I have spent the last 2 hours trying to fix this problem, including running the Windows Update Trouble Shooter plus a host of other suggestions, but nothing works.
Never had any issues with Windows 10 updates till now.
I don't know what to do.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-04-21T17:45:07+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-04-21T17:50:41+00:00 Microsoft is supposedly working on a fix. Nothing is working on getting updates installed.
-
Anonymous
2022-04-24T08:24:30+00:00 I have exactly the same problem with KB5012599 – update says installed 20% and it freezes. Troubleshooter says “restart pending”, so I manually restart, it takes ages with blue screen then restarts. Installation resets to 0%, but then quickly returns to 20% - Groundhog day! Update history gives error code 0x800f0831
-
Anonymous
2022-04-26T08:44:55+00:00 See if this helps - Fix Install Error 0x800f0831, 0x8024200B KB5012599 in Windows 10
-
Anonymous
2022-05-01T15:56:58+00:00 I've tried the various suggestions but nothing has worked for me. And I haven't seen a peep out MS on this KB5012599 issue. Seems like it's given up on Win 10 despite its assertions to the contrary. Very disappointing, especially for those of us running relatively new machines that to our dismay, cannot run Win 11.