USB power setting is missing from the Power Options (running Windows 11)

Anonymous
2022-04-03T16:35:44+00:00

I am trying to manage my USB power plan settings but the USB option is missing from the Advanced Power Settings option.

Control Panel/System and Security/Power Options/Edit Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings

FYI:

I am running Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 on an HP Spectre laptop.

I tried some fixes posted for Windows 10, but they did not work.

NOTE: I am trying to change the USB power options to see if this will stop the flickering in my Logi HD 1080p Webcam.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-03T06:52:58+00:00

    I had this issue for an external USB Hard Drive. I fixed it by opening Device Manager,

    Under USB controllers, right-click on USB Mass Storage Device and select Properties. Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

    Now my external HD keeps running instead of powering up and down at the whim of the stupid OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-15T10:15:33+00:00

    Hey

    Did you manage to solve it? I also do not see the option and tried all troubleshooting from this post. I do see it in safe mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-11T17:13:55+00:00

    Having problems not seeing the USB options myself. Also Windows locks after 15 minutes and no setting I have found will help. No GPOs related to power or interactive login :( Power Plan has 60 minutes set. Registry attributes won't matter.

    But back to your USB power options. Have you tried setting the USB suspend options by using powershell or command prompt? This article has the commands at the bottom in "Enable or disable USB selective uspend using Command"

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-usb-selective-suspend-in-windows-11.10251/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-04T17:55:51+00:00

    This doesn't work because there is no usb settings available. It just isn't showing at all. There is no access to these settings in control panel or device manager.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments