USB power setting is missing from the Power Options (running Windows 11)

Anonymous
2022-04-03T16:35:44+00:00

I am trying to manage my USB power plan settings but the USB option is missing from the Advanced Power Settings option.

Control Panel/System and Security/Power Options/Edit Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings

FYI:

I am running Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 on an HP Spectre laptop.

I tried some fixes posted for Windows 10, but they did not work.

NOTE: I am trying to change the USB power options to see if this will stop the flickering in my Logi HD 1080p Webcam.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T19:10:05+00:00

    Hi Mosken,

    I am having similar troubles with my microsoft studio laptop - it does not have USB settings in power options and subsequently (im assuming) does not recognise the USB device when I plug in my USB C adaptor (connected to arduino board). I have tried every troubleshooting method from the following sites and have had no success: How to Fix The last USB device malfunctioned and Windows doesn't recognize it - Driver Easy as well as USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to - Microsoft Community and How to Install USB 3.0 Drivers on Windows 11 (lifewire.com) except I was unable to find and install the Intel driver (from this third site).

    I also tried your above steps and still no luck. Any thoughts on what else I could try?

    Thanks in advance and kind regards,

    Maddie

    Pleased responde

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T00:34:39+00:00

    I found the same settings. I disabled the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on ALL USB devices listed. My specific device I'm trying to resolve is a HyperX Quadcast S mic. I had recently purchased and was working fine for a couple days, then just stopped working. I figured a defective product so I returned for a new one and still have same issues...it's simply not working.

    Weirdly though when I restart my computer, it works but ONLY during restart. Once the computer is running, it's not working. I swapped to different USB slots with no success. I am in fact typing this message on my Redragon RGB keyboard that is working.

    For specs -

    HP Omen 40L GT21

    Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz

    Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)

    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

    Edition Windows 11 Pro

    Version 23H2

    Installed on ‎11/‎25/‎2023

    OS build 22631.3155

    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T20:37:53+00:00

    123456

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-14T02:27:54+00:00

    I have the same problem and started just opening management windows.

    I found in device manager that you have to select properties and seen a tab that says power management.

    by default it is selected to turn off when windows chooses.

    hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-11T17:13:55+00:00

    Having problems not seeing the USB options myself. Also Windows locks after 15 minutes and no setting I have found will help. No GPOs related to power or interactive login :( Power Plan has 60 minutes set. Registry attributes won't matter.

    But back to your USB power options. Have you tried setting the USB suspend options by using powershell or command prompt? This article has the commands at the bottom in "Enable or disable USB selective uspend using Command"

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-usb-selective-suspend-in-windows-11.10251/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments