Hi DebraBanville,
Welcome post in Microsoft Community.
I'm Mosken, I do apologize for the inconvenience that you're experiencing right now, let me help you sort things out.
According to your description, I knew that you don't have "USB settings" in your advanced power options, then you tried installing some fixes, but it still doesn't work. If my understanding is wrong, please correct me in the reply.
The missing of power option entry is likely to be caused by some damaged system files. First of all, it is recommended that you use the following command to try to fix it. Please run Command Prompt as an administrator ("Win" logo key + "Q", enter "cmd", select "Run as administrator"), and enter the following commands one by one.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthThis command will scan all system files and compare them with official system files, scanning the computer for inconsistencies.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthThis command must be used when the system file is found to be damaged after the execution of the previous command.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealthThis command restores those various system files to the official system source files.
After restarting, Run Command Prompt as administrator, and type the following command:
sfc /scannowThen I suggest you go into Safe mode to see if it's the system itself problem. Because Safe Mode enables a minimum number of additional services or apps to rule out issues caused by personalized settings and third-party apps .You can click here to view the specific operation steps.
The above steps are provided based on the information I have learned so far, I wish that will be helpful to you. If your problem still cannot be solved by these steps, please tell me more specific situation in the next reply. I will continue to assist you in solving the problem.
Best Regards,
Mosken - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist
The missing of power option entry is likely to be caused by some damaged system files. First of all, it is recommended that you use the following command to try to fix it. Please run Command Prompt as an administrator ("Win" logo key + "Q", enter "cmd", select "Run as administrator"), and enter the following commands one by one.
This guy definitely does not know his stuff. In my new install of Windows 11, there is no USB settings in advanced power option. Is he saying that the Windows Installer by Microsoft come with damaged installation of Windows 11?
The following solution by April D916 works to show USB settings in advanced power option
Hey All,
I was having this same issue and I found this:
It worked for me... Hope you all have the same luck as well! :)
Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options using Command Prompt
1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (Add - default)
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3\48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /fOR
(Remove)
powercfg -attributes 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 +ATTRIB_HIDE3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.