USB power setting is missing from the Power Options (running Windows 11)

Anonymous
2022-04-03T16:35:44+00:00

I am trying to manage my USB power plan settings but the USB option is missing from the Advanced Power Settings option.

Control Panel/System and Security/Power Options/Edit Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings

FYI:

I am running Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 on an HP Spectre laptop.

I tried some fixes posted for Windows 10, but they did not work.

NOTE: I am trying to change the USB power options to see if this will stop the flickering in my Logi HD 1080p Webcam.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-03T06:52:58+00:00

    I had this issue for an external USB Hard Drive. I fixed it by opening Device Manager,

    Under USB controllers, right-click on USB Mass Storage Device and select Properties. Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

    Now my external HD keeps running instead of powering up and down at the whim of the stupid OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T17:31:12+00:00

    Hey All,

    I was having this same issue and I found this:

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/100643-remove-usb-selective-suspend-setting-power-options-windows.html

    It worked for me... Hope you all have the same luck as well! :)

    Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" in Power Options using Command Prompt

    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

    2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (Add - default)
    REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3\48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

    OR

    (Remove)
    powercfg -attributes 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 +ATTRIB_HIDE

    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-01T10:17:39+00:00

    Can be a circle to get to this one:

    Win11 22H2 - Bluetooth and Devices > USB > USB Battery saver

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T17:31:59+00:00

    Hi, did you find a solution to this problem, because I am having the exact same issue. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T23:56:56+00:00

    I have followed all the steps to get the usb power saving option back and nothing is working. My Seagate external hard drive keeps going to sleep and then turning back on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments