I'm happy to know it worked for you. I upgraded to W11 about a month ago - still learning quirks. The media player "play all" option was there until just yesterday, so I don't know what changed, maybe an automatic upgrade? Either way, I can pause, minimize and later resume playing all my music just as you described, and then later maximize and resume play without losing a note of music. Best wishes!
Play/ Play All music folder option in win 11
Play/ Play All music folder option in win 11 is missing I need to highlight the media and right click to play the music, is it one of the win 11 feature to not have that option, or just a one of the win 11 errors.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-01-09T13:04:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-09T12:39:40+00:00 Ditch Microsoft Media Player and get VLC Media Player
Open VLC Media Player
Open folder with the files you want to play
When you select the folder, VLC begins playing immediately.
You can then select random, repeat, etc. as you wish from the menu at bottom.
Thank you for your suggestion. It worked great. Since Windows 11 would not let me use Open with, I made a VLC shortcut for the desktop and another for my master music folder which contains several music sub-folders. When I drag one of the music sub-folders and drop it on a VLC shortcut icon, the songs load instantaneously! and begin playing. - Very nice. As an alternate, I can open VLC, select the media tab > Open folder > navigate to the music sub-folder > selected the folder > music playback begins immediately!
-
Anonymous
2025-01-09T05:46:23+00:00 Ditch Microsoft Media Player and get VLC Media Player
Open VLC Media Player
Open folder with the files you want to play
When you select the folder, VLC begins playing immediately.
You can then select random, repeat, etc. as you wish from the menu at bottom.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-20T20:15:58+00:00 I agree 100%. Microsoft released Windows way to early.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-25T08:34:11+00:00 got to agree. Win11 is **** re music options