Play/ Play All music folder option in win 11

Anonymous
2022-04-22T08:57:27+00:00

Play/ Play All music folder option in win 11 is missing I need to highlight the media and right click to play the music, is it one of the win 11 feature to not have that option, or just a one of the win 11 errors.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T12:39:40+00:00

    Ditch Microsoft Media Player and get VLC Media Player

    Open VLC Media Player

    Open folder with the files you want to play

    When you select the folder, VLC begins playing immediately.

    You can then select random, repeat, etc. as you wish from the menu at bottom.

    Thank you for your suggestion. It worked great. Since Windows 11 would not let me use Open with, I made a VLC shortcut for the desktop and another for my master music folder which contains several music sub-folders. When I drag one of the music sub-folders and drop it on a VLC shortcut icon, the songs load instantaneously! and begin playing. - Very nice. As an alternate, I can open VLC, select the media tab > Open folder > navigate to the music sub-folder > selected the folder > music playback begins immediately!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-03T05:08:35+00:00

    Hi, Matthew et al:

    You can restore the classic/Windows 10 ribbon UI on Windows 11 using a small registry edit. After doing that, you'll see the Ribbon/Music Tools and the Play/Play All option.

    Image

    Hi Ramesh,

    Can you kindly mention the steps to do that - I mean restoring the windows 10 ribbon UI on windows 11. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T10:29:31+00:00

    Me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T21:25:35+00:00

    Only thing I do is use VLC player and open it to play a folder as a work around it loads all the music files in the folder and use the controls for shuffle etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-18T17:51:07+00:00

    I found a work around, look above in the thread

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments