MS MCT ISO 22621.382, fails to upgrade from 22000.1042

Anonymous
2022-09-23T23:57:40+00:00

On 9/23/2022 I tried upgrading from 22000.1042 with ISO 22621.382 and got the message on the bottom screenshot.

What is weird is that the same exact process worked fine on Sept 21st. 2022.

I already have a working backup copy of the system that was upgraded on Sept 21st. ����

What is changed in the last 2 days? What is it complaining about? There is no explanation showing on the learn more link.

Windows 11, version 22H2 known issues and notifications | Microsoft Learn

Here is my FBH report link: https://aka.ms/AAi6ab9

This is a Dell XPS 8940.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T03:21:43+00:00

    First question, do you know what the "Silly Block" was? The process only lasted about 4 minutes, so it does seem to be during the compatibility checks. It may be something that happened just above in what you show from the log. Perhaps something that has a MIG instead of a MOUPG ID.

    Error means:

    0xC1900209 The user has chosen to cancel because the system doesn't pass the compatibility scan to install the update. Setup.exe will report this error when it can upgrade the machine with user data but cannot migrate installed applications. Incompatible software is blocking the upgrade process. Uninstall the application and try the upgrade again. See Windows 10 Pre-Upgrade Validation using SETUP.EXE for more information.

    D SP_EXECUTION_OP_MIGRATE_DATA

    That doesn't fit and does not make any sense.

    I did not cancel anything. MS did after several minutes checking for updates.

    Now today I got this message:

    Image

    The "Learn More" points to the link below which is again quite useless. 🤣🤣

    Safeguard holds affecting your device | Microsoft Learn

    Image

    Windows 10 Pre-Upgrade Validation using SETUP.EXE - Microsoft Tech Community

    This link below is pretty useless too, no explanation about the reason for the safeguard holds.

    KB5006965: How to check information about safeguard holds affecting your device (microsoft.com)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T03:11:29+00:00

    First question, do you know what the "Silly Block" was? The process only lasted about 4 minutes, so it does seem to be during the compatibility checks. It may be something that happened just above in what you show from the log. Perhaps something that has a MIG instead of a MOUPG ID.

    Error means:

    0xC1900209 The user has chosen to cancel because the system doesn't pass the compatibility scan to install the update. Setup.exe will report this error when it can upgrade the machine with user data but cannot migrate installed applications. Incompatible software is blocking the upgrade process. Uninstall the application and try the upgrade again. See Windows 10 Pre-Upgrade Validation using SETUP.EXE for more information.

    D SP_EXECUTION_OP_MIGRATE_DATA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T02:54:41+00:00

    Guess I will never see that concern. I always install offline during clean installs, upgrades via ISO, etc. Why let MS mess around with the install.

    Regards,

    Hi Johnny,

    This just showed up today on the same box. 🤣🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T02:08:47+00:00

    @Tekkie Boy,

    Hello,

    I created a log file with SetupDiag.exe and uploaded to MS FBH with the description of the problem.

    https://aka.ms/AAi6ab9

    I could upload the zipped log file if you are interested to see what may be causing the problem.

    I looked at the log file, but I still have no clue on what the cause of the problem is. 😎

    There were no errors listed in generated .xml files.

    I don't use OneDrive, so I would have to upload the log file to some other site that you can access.

    I found a way around the silly block anyway, but still would be nice to know why MS decided to block the upgrade 2 days after the same upgrade worked fine on the same exact box. 🤐🤐🤐

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-26T00:29:28+00:00

    After the error message I ran SetupDiag.exe and I get these logs, but I still don't know what the errors mean. 😎

    Image

    Image

    I uploaded a zip file of setupct.log created by SetupDiag.exe that shows the errors that may be causing the block.

    I found another way around this stupid block anyway, but I would think MS should look at the log and figure out a better way to fix this problem.

    Given that this same upgrade process was working fine on Sept 21,2022 on this very same machine. 🤐

    I also saved the log file on my local drive for future reference.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments