Computer is slow after Windows 11 22H2 update

Anonymous
2022-09-22T01:06:34+00:00

Hi~

I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.

My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?

Thanks!

  • aj
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T05:35:09+00:00

    geforce experience and drivers...Update they are fixed now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-25T07:34:55+00:00

    Hi~

    I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.

    My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?

    Thanks!

    • aj

    Hi murasakitsune,

    Go to windows update in START menu >> then click the check for update >> after update & install just restart your machine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-03T14:29:15+00:00

    Hey grey basiaclly, i dont really know what happened and it started to get very laggy and then everything didnt wanna open when i pressed on it/ download or anything and i think its because i didnt UPDATE But it wouldnt let me UPDATE because its so slow and it has been updating for 5 hours now and its still a 0%

    What do i do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-11-04T05:28:57+00:00

    Time taken to installing and finishing windows updates depends upon system configurations and current conditions of windows OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-06T14:18:19+00:00

    I experienced the same after upgrading 22h2. I have a modern 20 core processor 32gb ram, nvme ssd, and a simple virus or malware scan blocks the browser or other apps to start. Or simply opening a new webpage. If I click on pause scan, everything runs good.
    Also the app starting, hdd related things became slow since the upgrade.
    Something was went very bad in the development and I cant believe MS havent see/cantt fix the enormous degradation of performance.

    I ill go back to win10 in spite of its kernel doesn`t handle adler lake very well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments