I build all my PCs and networks. I went from lightning fast and seamless to essentially unusable. Reverted and all is well.
You really think Microsoft listens? Can’t use mac for my applications so I use the best options. Here it’s the prior build. Good luck!
Thanks, yohim.
It looks like those of us adopting the new build will likely just have to hunker down and wait patiently, while Microsoft and 3rd party device manufacturers optimize their drivers.
My biggest gripe here is that I was unaware of these issues until Windows automatically updated it to 22h2 while reinstalling the previous version and I noticed the degradation almost immediately. I Googled for some advice and discovered that Microsoft had been aware of the gaming performance issues for months before the roll-out, and people had been complaining about it even then. On top of that, NVidia were also aware that their monitoring software in the driver suite (GeForce Experience) was faulty and have only just started trying to fix that too. NVidia card owners are top of the list of complaints at the moment, with expensive RTX cards underperforming because of shoddy driver rollouts and most gamers opting to go through the contrived issues of rolling back. It's shameful that they would decide to force us into it despite their knowledge that it degrades performance.
I do think they listen though. It's just whether or not they act fast enough that is the concern here. Lots of people are suffering and Microsoft inflicted this, knowingly.
One thing's for sure - many people will have lost trust in the big Windows 11 builds when they are released in the future. I know for sure I will hold off for as long as possible when they become available. I used to get excited about the new releases...