I hope you are able to resolve all of your slowdown issues. I found that productivity was extremely difficult with this build, so I reverted back to the previous and everything works properly. Good luck!
Computer is slow after Windows 11 22H2 update
Hi~
I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.
My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?
Thanks!
- aj
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-10-13T13:05:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-13T13:04:51+00:00 You can revert back to the previous and also prevent this from automatically updating using the group policy editor. Check threads in this discussion for how to do so.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-10-13T07:44:49+00:00 Ya same problem, and it's globally slow/lagging.
Even just opening up WINRAR takes 10-20 seconds, that is typically an insta open scenario.
There are dozens of other examples I could use here but just 1 more would be simply exploring around in file explorer, on first click to open it 10-20 seconds simply to display drives.
I'd rather not remove the update, that's not a fix to me. I'll give the nvidia stuff a try like the others but somehow it just doesn't seem related. Neither does that MVP #2 response.
The other MVP posting in his free time about it being explorer related though, that makes perfect sense.
Just wish he had a fix for it lol
-
Anonymous
2022-10-10T23:00:49+00:00 Mine is a global slowdown. Reverted and no issues. Used group policy editor to prevent new build updates. Please post if you fully solve your slowdowns.