Computer is slow after Windows 11 22H2 update

Anonymous
2022-09-22T01:06:34+00:00

Hi~

I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.

My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?

Thanks!

  • aj
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-18T08:48:47+00:00

    Hello Kim. I installed it on a GO3 in S-mode

    If I had to do it over again, i would wait for a beter version

    The tablet is working, but responses very slow.

    Starting a new page in Edge takes about 3 seconds, but that varies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-18T02:59:41+00:00

    Would it be worth installing update WIndows 11, version 22H2 on Windows Surface Go 3?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-17T19:19:20+00:00

    After the 22H2 update I noticed a significant slow down in my HP Pavillion desktop, programs opening slowly, even small jpgs (I'd sit back and wait for programs and photos to open) ... I rolled the update back to the previous (21H2 ?) using the "Recovery" in Settings and everything is back to normal, fast!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-17T04:04:30+00:00

    In my response to the OP, the thing that's worked for me so far is to update your graphics card drivers and the GeForce Experience software. After a bit of digging, a software conflict might be the culprit. After updating those things, I haven't had the slowdown happen again, so first thing to try would be to update those two things, restart and see if you have any issues again. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-16T21:50:44+00:00

    Does this solution also handle the global slowdown problem?

    I am noticing less general sluggishness, system wide, but I can't guarantee the solution I mentioned solved everything because I have been tinkering with other aspects too.

    Using Wagnardsoft DDU to uninstall NVidia's drivers and then install without GeForce Experience seems to have helped with micro-stutters in games as well.

    The system still feels like it's got some bottlenecking going on. Opening File Manager takes a second or 2, browsing on Edge is sluggish and other random things add to the feeling that not all is working as it should.

    BUT - WMR & Steam VR with the HP Reverb G2 are now running smoothly, and my games are not hitching. Which is something at least!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments