Computer is slow after Windows 11 22H2 update

Anonymous
2022-09-22T01:06:34+00:00

Hi~

I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.

My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?

Thanks!

  • aj
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-03T15:17:54+00:00

    I had the same problem and it's actually GeForce Experience that was doing this, update to the beta 3.26 version fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-02T04:51:33+00:00

    Delete all possible tasks registered under task scheduler.

    Disable startup objects.

    Delete temporary files.

    Use disk cleanup manager to delete unwanted files.

    Use system configuration, enable all cores while bootup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T01:42:02+00:00

    Just an FYI, i have read in other places, though I can't find it right now, that file explorer (explorer.exe) had some issues in the 22h2 preview where it would freeze for long periods of time under certain conditions. one of them is apparently going to "This PC". might want to try look around for those (also directed at the MVPs, i've been an MVP since ... 2002? idk)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-22T16:14:59+00:00

    Hello again -

    Try these fixes for Windows 11 restarts after shutdown:

    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-resta...

    (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

    https://www.technewstoday.com/windows-restarts-...

    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht11...

    https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/windows-i...

    https://www.lifewire.com/fix-when-windows-11-wo...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BswwvzmJmo

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et8t-rJq8RQ

    One of those will usually fix it.

    Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-22T13:30:21+00:00

    Thanks for the replies.

    There were a couple more updates that popped up last night and after those were installed, seems some of the lagginess has improved, but I haven't fully tested all the issues yet.

    If the problems persistent, I'll try some of your suggestions.

    One thing that hasn't changed is - my computer won't shutdown using the shutdown menu. If I select shutdown, my computer automatically turns on again after about 20 seconds. The only way I've been able to do a clean shutdown is to set my power button to "shutdown when unplugged" otherwise it keeps waking up. I read somewhere that this could be because the updater is wanting to install something, but my update list is now empty.

    It's quite bizarre.

    • aj

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments