Computer is slow after Windows 11 22H2 update

Anonymous
2022-09-22T01:06:34+00:00

Hi~

I installed the new Windows 11 update (22H2?) this morning and suddenly my computer is running super slowly. Any browser I use is slow, and videos take very long to load. And many programs and even file explorer suddenly freeze for several moments. My wifi also randomly stopped for a few seconds.

My laptop was running just fine until today's update and now it's frustratingly slow and glitchy. Any suggestions? Or is it possible to uninstall the update?

Thanks!

  • aj
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-15T17:35:39+00:00

    I build all my PCs and networks. I went from lightning fast and seamless to essentially unusable. Reverted and all is well.

    You really think Microsoft listens? Can’t use mac for my applications so I use the best options. Here it’s the prior build. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-15T15:53:22+00:00

    I can also confirm, after three reinstalls of 22h2, that there is something seriously wrong with this new build. I'm not sure what's been added under the bonnet, but I am getting slowdowns across the system.

    My PC:

    Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i PRO RGB
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
    Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti VISION OC 12G
    Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    OS SSD: Samsung 980 PRO NVMe 2TB
    Backup SSD: Samsung 970 PRO NVMe 500GB
    Gaming SSD 1: 2X Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 6Gb/s (RAID Stripe)
    Gaming SSD 2: 2X Samsung 870 EVO 1TB 6Gb/s (RAID Stripe)
    Main Monitor: LG 34GK950G 34" Ultrawide Monitor
    Monitor 2: Alienware AW3418DW 34" Ultrawide Monitor
    VR Setup: HP Reverb G2

    My primary frustration is with gaming. I am running a fairly hefty system as listed (CPU's a little old but powerful) and it feels like everything has some sort of bottleneck to break through before running with anything near my original pre-update performance. Added to that is the extremely unpleasant VR experience now. It's so bad that there is a visible wobbling effect (like a broken refresh rate, or as if my lenses are floating in water) causing huge lag spikes and distortion, making VR nausea inducing for the very first time, even in calm environments,

    What on earth did Microsoft do? How can this kind of issue (which is being reported on a massive scale) have broken through QA and been approved as ready for a forced launch with Windows users? I am using the latest NVidia drivers (another culprit) and am up-to-date with all my Windows updates.

    My experience of Windows has gone from happy to miserable...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-14T09:51:51+00:00

    Follow the methods in - How to Speed Up Windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T13:05:51+00:00

    I hope you are able to resolve all of your slowdown issues. I found that productivity was extremely difficult with this build, so I reverted back to the previous and everything works properly. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T13:04:51+00:00

    You can revert back to the previous and also prevent this from automatically updating using the group policy editor. Check threads in this discussion for how to do so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments