Speech to text not working - Message something went wrong Error Code 0x80049dd3

Anonymous
2022-09-06T17:44:51+00:00

When I try to use my MIC for speech to text I continually get this message and the message box "locks up" on screen!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-09T02:13:17+00:00

    Windows 11: Another user with same problem. It used to work so what did MS change?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-09T02:37:47+00:00

    Is using Google Chrome the solution? I have a Samsung Book Pro... Is this a Microsoft Edge problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-09T03:38:16+00:00

    I use Chrome and have the same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-09T07:17:33+00:00

    Exactly, I saw this solution online and it is not useful at all! I mean only 1 feature is not working and to fix that we have to create an entirely new account? What about the desktop, chrome, software settings.. not a useful solution at all

    Also after seeing the all the comments from people, I believe this started happening to everyone a week ago (same here). This surely is a glitch from Microsoft.. weird

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-09T07:19:35+00:00

    No idea tbh, it is a glitch I believe because many people are complaining about this same error

    One solution (or I'd say a way to get around) is to create a new user account with admin privileges, over there Win+H windows speech-to-text works.. but personally I feel this solution is not useful at all

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments