Speech to text not working - Message something went wrong Error Code 0x80049dd3

Anonymous
2022-09-06T17:44:51+00:00

When I try to use my MIC for speech to text I continually get this message and the message box "locks up" on screen!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T03:40:28+00:00

    tengo el mismo problema no funciona el dictado por vos de win + H

    tengo buena conexión a internet y no funciona de igual forma

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T09:33:04+00:00

    I have tried Speech input the first time, WIN+H in a new eMail - and failed with the same Error Code. Very bad WINDOWS experience. On Apple speech input works reliable since many many years. Poor MICROSOFT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T13:12:15+00:00

    Same issue here on W11 on a SURFACE PRO , working fine on a different PC on W10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T13:31:25+00:00

    Yes, my office PC with W10 is working simply fine also.
    This happened after the last W11 update, should not be too difficult to resolve, I suspect??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-08T14:08:10+00:00

    Same issue after latest updates. Previously worked fine. New laptop - fully updated and patched. I've used Dragon for years and it's become so bloated that I don't want to go back to it anymore. Please help. Apple gets this right. Google gets this right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments