There's an executable uninstaller in the McAfee folder at (Programs(X86)/McAfee. That worked for me when the Windows Control panel wouldn't allow it. Use admin privileges. Where does it ever end with the marketers making it easy to get into trials and as difficult as possible to get out of them?
Cant uninstall McAffee Security scan plus from Windows 10. Inside the Uninstall App page, buttons greyed out
I needed to install Adobe Viewer fast. Afterwards find it installed McAffee. popups, new network detected? no, it hasnt changed for years. McAfee is trash and is now locked on my PC like some parasite. its installed and will not be removed. There were 2, the other one "uninstalled", this one has grayed out keys.
Search online? they want you to run McAfees own removal tool? Sure, so that tool does what exactly? installs malware that stays silent. keyboard listener, etc
Search Microsoft only? volunteer moderators saying use McAfee tool, maybe they work for McAfee
Is there any real actual way to literally remove this malware? calling itself McAfee security scan?
Or then after saying all that I want to fully reinstall windows, because its unlikely anyone will know the answer, so in this modern Windows 10 world is there a fast way to remove windows, 0 the drive, new partition, new windows?
anyone know the answer to this?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-03-01T02:06:05+00:00 I have the exact same issue and am yet to find a solution
-
Anonymous
2024-03-01T02:08:56+00:00 ok.. thanks for this advice... then how to remove it...
-
Anonymous
2024-03-01T02:55:41+00:00 what I did was go into the windows registry and delete the entries, it took about 10 minutes. then deleted the matching files in the folders.
Not sure why theyd force install a product like that, if there is another solution please post it.
-
Anonymous
2024-03-01T23:42:02+00:00 a microsoft tech agent named Jojie L fixed my problem for me yesterday... he tried many things including the MCPR tool which didn't work. He then fixed it completely to my satisfaction and removed all McAfee stuff from my pc windows 10. It took him maybe 30 mins... he was amazing. He took control of my pc and I watched while he did it but I cannot explain the technical issues. I contacted Microsoft chat online and he fixed it for me. He told me how sneaky McAfee are in that the already know how to prevent people from removing their product. I think what they do is disgusting and would never recommend them to anyone.
I am a happy microsoft user.