There's an executable uninstaller in the McAfee folder at (Programs(X86)/McAfee. That worked for me when the Windows Control panel wouldn't allow it. Use admin privileges. Where does it ever end with the marketers making it easy to get into trials and as difficult as possible to get out of them?
Cant uninstall McAffee Security scan plus from Windows 10. Inside the Uninstall App page, buttons greyed out
I needed to install Adobe Viewer fast. Afterwards find it installed McAffee. popups, new network detected? no, it hasnt changed for years. McAfee is trash and is now locked on my PC like some parasite. its installed and will not be removed. There were 2, the other one "uninstalled", this one has grayed out keys.
Search online? they want you to run McAfees own removal tool? Sure, so that tool does what exactly? installs malware that stays silent. keyboard listener, etc
Search Microsoft only? volunteer moderators saying use McAfee tool, maybe they work for McAfee
Is there any real actual way to literally remove this malware? calling itself McAfee security scan?
Or then after saying all that I want to fully reinstall windows, because its unlikely anyone will know the answer, so in this modern Windows 10 world is there a fast way to remove windows, 0 the drive, new partition, new windows?
anyone know the answer to this?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-06-16T12:51:33+00:00 I found that the options were greyed out when using Settings/Apps app list so there was no access. The app listed at Windows Key did not contain uninstall option as a normal drop-down, as suggested elsewhere - right click there to find Uninstall (via Control Panel).
It worked to open the better app list in Control Panel and uninstall from there.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-22T20:47:08+00:00 MCRP doesn't remove mcafee security scan plus
-
Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:03:08+00:00 On my end, I'm able to click on Uninstall in the App page but I get a pop-up that seems intentionally undersized , un-resizable, and if you click on it, you're taken to an offer page. If you close the window, you're back where you started. Clicking in the Uninstall executable in the program folder produces the same result. I don't know how to get rid of it.
-
Anonymous
2024-03-01T02:04:59+00:00 how do I find and use the MCPR tool you speak of... I can't find it in the link you provided.. I have the exact same issue