Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

Anonymous
2022-08-11T14:21:43+00:00

For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been the same. Extremely hard puzzle, that you have to pick two identical objects out of 7 times. After completing this seven times, I have to start over again.

I have been researching the issue from past KB articles. I have tried to complete the puzzle from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, with no luck. I have tried from four different IP addresses in three different states. I have tried from incognito mode. I have tried from a brand new PC with out the updates. I have tried from an older PC with all the updates. I have tried from a new PC before the updates. Let it be known that I'm not trying the create the same account in different locations. So the account creation name has been different each time I have tried to create a new username, so I know it's not a black listed issue. In conclusion I have spent nearly 3 hours on trying to make this work. This is defiantly a Microsoft issue that needs to be addressed.

Also note that the product category to choose from to post this problem does not exist. Product category for this issue should be "Account". So I'm posting this in Windows since we are being forced to use Microsoft Accounts in operating systems and for Office product keys. I'm also choosing Windows 10 and the topic of Performance and System issues as this is a system issue!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-03T12:03:55+00:00

    This issue proves that Microsoft are in the business of creating and promulgating garbage. Garbage hardware, garbage software, garbage puzzles, garbage everything! I too was stuck trying to get past this stupid, half-brained puzzle - I tried the sound puzzle and the identical objects test, and I wasted nearly an hour on it, before giving up. I cannot believe that this issue has been going on for so long without a fix! Only a company that manufactures garbage products would do this. End of rant!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-05T15:26:14+00:00

    Hi !

    I decided to share my "solution" with you because it was a real bother to create an account T_T
    So, I had the same problem, I tried different things that didn't work :

    • Create an account on PC, doing the Puzzle - Didn't work
    • Create an account on PC, choosing Audio Puzzle - Didn't work
    • Create an account on Xbox App on PC, still stuck at the puzzle - Didn't work
    • Create an account from Safari on my phone, still stuck at the puzzle - Didn't work

    Finally I found a solution, I dowloaded the Xbox App on my phone from the App Store, Clicked on "Sign In" and then on "Create One" and created the account, I had to do the Puzzle but just once instead of 3 times and it worked =) (I did the normal Puzzle this time, not the Audio one)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-06T04:54:08+00:00

    Hi !

    I decided to share my "solution" with you because it was a real bother to create an account T_T
    So, I had the same problem, I tried different things that didn't work :

    • Create an account on PC, doing the Puzzle - Didn't work
    • Create an account on PC, choosing Audio Puzzle - Didn't work
    • Create an account on Xbox App on PC, still stuck at the puzzle - Didn't work
    • Create an account from Safari on my phone, still stuck at the puzzle - Didn't work

    Finally I found a solution, I dowloaded the Xbox App on my phone from the App Store, Clicked on "Sign In" and then on "Create One" and created the account, I had to do the Puzzle but just once instead of 3 times and it worked =) (I did the normal Puzzle this time, not the Audio one)

    Thanks for the hint. It worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T14:53:24+00:00

    Absolutely bonkers, but on mobile worked. Thank you!!! KIDS NEEED MINECRAFTTTT

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T22:12:34+00:00

    I had the same issue as everyone else. I got into an endless verification loop on my PC using Google Chrome.

    I gave up after three failed attempts, and tried to create the account on my iPad. It worked the first time!

    This is a major BUG that Microsoft needs to fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments