That's exactly why I was doing it! I tried signing up from his tablet and my phone and got stuck in the loop for over an hour on each device before I gave up. Tried on my Chromebook the next day and no loop. Signed up first try. No idea how it makes sense
Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022
For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been the same. Extremely hard puzzle, that you have to pick two identical objects out of 7 times. After completing this seven times, I have to start over again.
I have been researching the issue from past KB articles. I have tried to complete the puzzle from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, with no luck. I have tried from four different IP addresses in three different states. I have tried from incognito mode. I have tried from a brand new PC with out the updates. I have tried from an older PC with all the updates. I have tried from a new PC before the updates. Let it be known that I'm not trying the create the same account in different locations. So the account creation name has been different each time I have tried to create a new username, so I know it's not a black listed issue. In conclusion I have spent nearly 3 hours on trying to make this work. This is defiantly a Microsoft issue that needs to be addressed.
Also note that the product category to choose from to post this problem does not exist. Product category for this issue should be "Account". So I'm posting this in Windows since we are being forced to use Microsoft Accounts in operating systems and for Office product keys. I'm also choosing Windows 10 and the topic of Performance and System issues as this is a system issue!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-09-24T23:10:33+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-09-24T22:38:49+00:00 I have been in this loop for 30mins. It seems worst now than I have read. All for my sons Minecraft
-
Anonymous
2022-09-06T19:42:59+00:00 i guess I either have too much time on my hands, and or I love complaining about Microsoft too much.
even though I have been making a good living supporting their software and infrastructure for the past 35 years?
Anyway.....I just tried again to sign up a new account, and got a "hard puzzle". Second set of tiles didn't have any tiles with 2 matching icons.
7 tries, I failed.
"If you are stupid enough to argue with the owner about not upgrading to Windows 11, you are stupid enough to pass this test."
IMO this is not fixed....
-
Anonymous
2022-09-06T19:23:34+00:00 same exact problem driving me nuts. We want to get a paid account going but want to get a few things established first. Then purchase all the licensing. so not sure why this is happening but it makes you question.
-
Anonymous
2022-08-19T16:36:21+00:00 As of Tuesday (8-16-22) I starting getting the easier puzzle and again yesterday (8-18-22) upon creating a Microsoft account, another easy puzzle. I'm not sure why sometimes the impossible puzzles and then sometimes easy puzzles. When I was researching this before there was other complaints from as early as 2016. So every time I researched this I got an older thread. Would like to also comment about the care level, but don't want my post to disappear.