Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

Anonymous
2022-08-11T14:21:43+00:00

For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been the same. Extremely hard puzzle, that you have to pick two identical objects out of 7 times. After completing this seven times, I have to start over again.

I have been researching the issue from past KB articles. I have tried to complete the puzzle from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, with no luck. I have tried from four different IP addresses in three different states. I have tried from incognito mode. I have tried from a brand new PC with out the updates. I have tried from an older PC with all the updates. I have tried from a new PC before the updates. Let it be known that I'm not trying the create the same account in different locations. So the account creation name has been different each time I have tried to create a new username, so I know it's not a black listed issue. In conclusion I have spent nearly 3 hours on trying to make this work. This is defiantly a Microsoft issue that needs to be addressed.

Also note that the product category to choose from to post this problem does not exist. Product category for this issue should be "Account". So I'm posting this in Windows since we are being forced to use Microsoft Accounts in operating systems and for Office product keys. I'm also choosing Windows 10 and the topic of Performance and System issues as this is a system issue!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-28T12:48:24+00:00

    I am having the same issue, as per the advice I have seen in these forums I have tried using multiple devices and search engines and nothing is working!

    I have also seen this issue being raised since 2017! And yet we are still experiencing it now! So what is Microsoft actually suggesting we do?!

    This is absolutely ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T06:33:14+00:00

    Guys, on my pc nothing worked but I created a new account using my phone. Give it a try.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-28T22:47:04+00:00

    I've tried in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome and it's just stuck in the verification loop. I am giving up now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-05T04:52:41+00:00

    I too am experiencing this problem. The only solution offered on various blogs is to use your mobile phone to create an account. But I am nervous about creating an additional account using my mobile phone due to the "Usage Limit Exceeded" problem - if you try to get more than 2 or 3 codes sent to the same phone, the phone gets blacklisted for a few weeks and can receive no more.

    The Puzzle Challenge seems to be not working properly. If you succeed at the puzzle, why do you get presented with the puzzle again? One reason only - software bug. I encourage Microsoft to fix this, as it is causing tremendous frustration for many people who dearly want to stick with Microsoft, but cannot get past the first step, create an account. Creating an account should be secure, but reliable and simple.

    Please help if you can! No more suggestions about alternate browsers and use your phone, please fix the root cause. If I get through the puzzle, that should be sufficient to proceed.

    UPDATE 10-OCT-22

    I tried creating an account without requesting a new outlook.com email address. When creating an account with a non-Microsoft email address, the security problems seemed to be less stringent. I had to solve the Puzzle 4 times in a row, and then the account got created. But what to do if I actually need an outlook.com account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T23:10:33+00:00

    That's exactly why I was doing it! I tried signing up from his tablet and my phone and got stuck in the loop for over an hour on each device before I gave up. Tried on my Chromebook the next day and no loop. Signed up first try. No idea how it makes sense

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments