Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

Anonymous
2022-08-11T14:21:43+00:00

For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been the same. Extremely hard puzzle, that you have to pick two identical objects out of 7 times. After completing this seven times, I have to start over again.

I have been researching the issue from past KB articles. I have tried to complete the puzzle from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, with no luck. I have tried from four different IP addresses in three different states. I have tried from incognito mode. I have tried from a brand new PC with out the updates. I have tried from an older PC with all the updates. I have tried from a new PC before the updates. Let it be known that I'm not trying the create the same account in different locations. So the account creation name has been different each time I have tried to create a new username, so I know it's not a black listed issue. In conclusion I have spent nearly 3 hours on trying to make this work. This is defiantly a Microsoft issue that needs to be addressed.

Also note that the product category to choose from to post this problem does not exist. Product category for this issue should be "Account". So I'm posting this in Windows since we are being forced to use Microsoft Accounts in operating systems and for Office product keys. I'm also choosing Windows 10 and the topic of Performance and System issues as this is a system issue!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-30T19:30:45+00:00

    I just purchased a family Office subscription and tried to create a new account for myself. I got into the same loop this article (and many others around the web) describes. So horribly frustrating! Two non-MS browsers, two different Win 10 PCs, NO LUCK. Endless loop!

    So I pulled Edge out of the waste bin and tried it, and guess what? It worked the first time! This is reason #41,395 why I hate Microsoft. The only reason I use their products is that my family and I have to maintain compatibility with school and work.

    Edge going back in the waste bin now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-24T22:38:49+00:00

    I have been in this loop for 30mins. It seems worst now than I have read. All for my sons Minecraft

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-06T19:42:59+00:00

    i guess I either have too much time on my hands, and or I love complaining about Microsoft too much.

    even though I have been making a good living supporting their software and infrastructure for the past 35 years?

    Anyway.....I just tried again to sign up a new account, and got a "hard puzzle". Second set of tiles didn't have any tiles with 2 matching icons.

    7 tries, I failed.

    "If you are stupid enough to argue with the owner about not upgrading to Windows 11, you are stupid enough to pass this test."

    IMO this is not fixed....

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-09T14:57:58+00:00

    Not me. Loop continued in all browsers. I started to try to verify in Edge Chromium. Then tried Firefox and Chrome.

    I ended up being able to complete the process through Windows when creating a new account to associate with a Windows machine in Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-11T12:17:12+00:00

    It's now 4 month's since this issue was raised, and it's still broken, and it's impossible to create a Microsoft account on a Windows Machine. How on earth does this happen ? It doesn't matter if I use Chrome or Edge, it's broken.

    Let me just repeat that, one of the biggest Software companies in the world, to who I pay money to use their services, has left the ability to create an account for a new user broken for 4 months, and the only way to make it work is to use a none Microsoft operating system (i.e. a table\phone).

    It's just staggering,

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments