I just tried this. It came up with an error message.
“ERROR: An attempt to access a required resource was denied.
Check that you have administrative rights on the computer.”
However, I am the administrator…so I’m not sure what to do here. Ugh.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just updated my laptop and suddenly got a message that I need to enter a recovery key. However, I have never set up a BitLocker recovery key and I think it was enabled through the update which has now locked all of my data. I have a lot of coding that I have saved onto my local drive on the laptop and didn't know this could happen one day. What should I do? Is there any compensation I could get from this? I bought it from BestBuy a year ago.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I just tried this. It came up with an error message.
“ERROR: An attempt to access a required resource was denied.
Check that you have administrative rights on the computer.”
However, I am the administrator…so I’m not sure what to do here. Ugh.
Can you right click command prompt and select "run as administrator"?
Hi,, i followed your guide... the stage 1 no problem...
when trying to go to stage 2, as soon as i enable the secure boot, the option on Clear secure boot key, greys out, and cant do anything...
if you put it disable you can clear all secure keys and then load hp factory keys... but doesnt work i that order....
any ideas??
I'm working on my sister's computer, and she got this error message. I'd never seen it before, and had been struggling for over an hour because her keyboard wouldn't work to enter the bitlocker password. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I will now disable bitlocker on her computer, and make sure her operating system is completely up to date before I return it to her.
I am not having the success that you had with the boot mode. Is there something special to be done? Thanks!